The key to building a strong financial foundation for your company, is having a stable, correctly configured and maintained bookkeeping system. The tax statements you file and the financial decisions you
make for your company, will be based on the numbers provided by
your bookkeeping system. So insuring that this system has been setup correctly and is providing accurate and timely financial statements, is the first step in taking control of the financial side of your business.
I offer the following services to make this easier for you:
- Full accounting systems including setup or conversion to QuickBooks®
- QuickBooks® installation, support, training and troubleshooting for business owners, individuals
who want to do their own bookkeeping, or businesses that want to retain their current bookkeeper
- Business process re-engineering to streamline your record-keeping systems and procedures to reduce your workload
- Development of a practical budget to help you rein in your expenses and achieve your business goals
- Review of your inventory and accounts receivable, to help you increase your cash flow
- Annual income tax summary preparation, ready for your CPA
- MAC & PC platforms supported
Just because you've installed a reputable bookkeeping system and are dutifully posting transactions to it, there's no guarantee that you're posting these transactions correctly or that your system is routing the amounts to the "correct" accounts. Even the widely used Quickbooks® and Quicken® accounting packages will easily allow you to set-up your accounts incorrectly or post to your accounts incorrectly. Your bookkeeping system may be producing statements and misleading you into believing that the "numbers look good", while failing to alert you to ongoing errors and inconsistencies in your accounting practices, for example:
- You may be under-reporting expenses and therefore over-paying income taxes
- Your customers may owe you more money than you realize, affecting your cash flow
- You may have too much inventory - severely impacting your cash flow
- Your expenses may be increasing more quickly than you realize, leaving you with far less profit than you expect
- Some of your expenses may be incorrectly categorized, making it difficult to determine how much each product or service is contributing to your gross profit, and what your overhead costs really are
- You may be paying extra fees to your CPA at tax preparation time, for the hours they have to spend "cleaning up" the inconsistent and inaccurate numbers you unknowingly provide to them
Instead of providing you with critical and accurate information about the financial health of your business, these inaccurate statements may be misleading you into making assumptions and decisions that could seriously harm your business and its profitability ("Am I really making a profit?", "Should I drop that weak product line?", "Is now a good time to lease that larger space and expand my business?...).
No matter what your company's financial situation, it may be time for a "bookkeeping review & tune-up". I am a Certified Quickbooks® ProAdvisor and as part of my financial consulting services, I offer Quickbooks® installation, support and training (PC and MAC platforms), for both Quickbooks online and desktop environments. I also offer full bookkeeping services and have the technical skills and experience to perform a review of your accounting system and procedures and implement the changes necessary, to ensure that you're getting the accurate and timely financial information you need, to grow your business and attain the profitably you desire.
My office is in Port Townsend, WA and I work locally and remotely with clients nationwide.